Quality wood furniture can give your home a timeless, elegant look. Whether your furniture is brand new or a cherished family heirloom, you'll want to do everything you can to keep it looking great. But many people aren't sure how to best care for and clean their furniture.
1. Do I need to dust my furniture? It may be a boring chore, but dusting your wood furniture is still one of the best ways to keep your furniture looking great. Use a dry, clean, lint-free dust cloth to remove dust from your furniture.
2. My wood furniture has a dull look. What can I do to make it shine? When dust and other substances accumulate on your furniture they can give it a dull, dingy look. To make your furniture shine, dampen a lint-free cloth in a solution of water and mild detergent and then use the cloth to clean the furniture. Dry the furniture with another lint-free cloth, and then apply a coat of furniture polish (always wipe in the direction of the wood's grain when applying polish).
3. What type of polish or cleaner should I use? When it comes to cleaning, you'll find that there is an array of polishes to choose from. If your furniture is relatively new, check with the manufacturer to see if they have any recommendations; they may suggest using wax-free polish, for example. (If your wood furniture is oiled, you should never apply wax.) If you have antique furniture, consider contacting a furniture restoration expert. They may be able to tell you how to best care for the piece without damaging it. A cleaning service can also provide valuable advice about how to clean and polish your wood furniture.
4. Other than cleaning, what else can I do to keep my wood furniture looking great? Regular polishing (roughly every six months) will prevent dust buildup. Otherwise, take simple precautions to keep your furniture in good condition, such as not placing pieces in direct sunlight, occasionally moving accessories around so that they don't leave marks on the furniture, and cleaning up quickly after spills.
5. Should I have my furniture professionally cleaned? If your wood furniture is particularly dirty, you may want to call a cleaning service to have it professionally cleaned. Depending on the size of the piece, you may be able to bring it in for cleaning, or a professional home cleaning service could visit your home and clean larger pieces there.
Orbit Cleaning Service offers wood furniture cleaning service in Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert, Goodyear, Surprise, Peoria, & Chandler AZ areas. For your free furniture cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com
New free stuff posted everyday - Global Freebies, eFreebies, Free Samples, Products Testing Opportunities & more...