Once you find that great kitchen design and have it installed in your dream home, it looks exactly how you want. Whether you've gone with painted kitchen cabinets, natural wood or even with a completely stainless kitchen, you'll want it to continue to look great day after day. While it takes a little time and effort, keeping your kitchen looking its best doesn't have to be quite the challenge you'd think it is. With today's technology and cleaning products, you'll be able to keep entire kitchen totally clean.
Try out some of these tips for keeping your cabinets clean and looking great.
1. Clean spills and spatters immediately. If you give them time to dry, it becomes harder to clean, requiring some kind of chemical cleaner or an abrasive scrubby to lift them off. While using chemical cleaners on occasion is acceptable, having to use them constantly will damage the finish of your cabinets and counters.
2. If you cook a lot of greasy foods like fried chicken and bacon, you'll want to wipe your kitchen cabinets down with warm water and some dish washing liquid about once a week. Dish washing liquid is a "soft" cleanser and also contains grease cutting ingredients so the greases won't build up.
3. At times, there is a need to scrub your counters and cabinets. Either a spill has dried or grease has built up and it has to be scrubbed away. Instead of using a steel wool scrubber, using ones with a plastic scrubby on one side and a sponge on the other is a much safer way to scrub your counters without causing damage
4. Anti-bacterial wipes are a good way to "finish off" cleaning the counters for the evening. They not only add a finishing cleaning pass so everything looks great but it'll also kill any germs on surfaces. This is especially important if you've just prepared chicken as the wipes will prevent salmonella from forming.
5. Although some people do it once a year for "spring cleaning", taking everything out of your kitchen cabinets and wiping them out with warm water and cleaner protects and cleans the inside of them too.
6. After mopping the floor, take a sponge and with warm water and soap, wipe the base of your cabinets clean. This will wipe away any cleaner and water that may have been applied accidentally by the mop.
These are just a few handy tips you can use to keep your kitchen cabinets and counters looking their best. By cleaning up after every time the counters are used and being diligent about other aspects of keeping the cabinets clean, they will look just as good as they did when they were first installed for decades.
If you live in New York and you've just purchased Middletown kitchen cabinets
, you know how important cabinet cleaning truly is. Monte Boddecker knows the steps you should take to make sure your Middletown and Mahopac cabinets
continue to look beautiful.