There are many different triggers and causes of asthma. And just as there are many triggers and causes, there are also many different remedies. Some of these asthma home remedies involve consuming different combinations of food ingredients. Two of the most beneficial ingredients are honey and ginger.
Let’s take a look at some concoctions with honey and with ginger.
Honey as a Remedy
Honey is very good for asthma. Honey helps to thin the mucus in the body and helps get the mucus out of the respiratory system. As you probably already know, mucus accumulates in the breathing passages and blocks air flow in and out of the body. This can trigger or make an asthma attack worse.
You can either take the honey by mouth or you can just breathe in the honey if an attack is beginning.
Here are some mixtures (along with how often to take them) that combine honey with other ingredients:
* One teaspoon of honey with water every day.
* One teaspoon of warm water with one quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder twice a day.
* One teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder once a day (either morning or night).
* One tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of drumstick leaves juice, one teaspoon small onion juice, and half a teaspoon of asafetida. Mix all these things together and consume twice a day.
Ginger as a Remedy
Ginger is also very good for asthma. Ginger powder negates the effects of Platelet-Activating Factors. This means the ginger powder stops inflammation.
When mixed with certain other ingredients, it also acts as an expectorant. This means that it helps you cough-up and get rid of mucus in your respiratory system.
Here are a few mixtures with ginger in them:
* One teaspoon of ginger with one cup of fenugreek concoction once a day.
* Fresh ginger juice mixed with honey taken once a day.
* Half a tea spoon of fresh ginger, one teaspoon cumin seeds, a pinch of nutmeg, and a glass of water. Combine everything and bring to a boil. Then drink hot.
The Effectiveness of Honey and Ginger
The effectiveness of honey and ginger as an asthma home remedy has been proven over and over. However, just as everyone’s asthma is triggered by something different, everyone’s asthma is effectively treated a little differently. Therefore, you will need to test to see which one or ones work best for you.
Overall, honey and ginger are two of the most effective ingredients that you can add to any concoction. Honey helps rid the respiratory system of mucus while ginger helps stop inflammation and also helps get rid of mucus when mixed with certain other ingredients.