Free Course on Healthy Cooking Fundamentals.
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 Articles
- 1 Supplemental Resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Basic knife skills (slicing, chopping, dicing, etc.)
- How to bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Have access to basic cooking equipment: Stove top, large saucepan, wooden spoon, chef knife, chopping board
Do you want to be more confident creating your own healthy meals? Do you want the kitchen to be a source of curious learning rather than a stressful deadline? Join this course to learn?culinary?skills from Chef Nic DeMuth?that will?take your cooking ability?to the next level. There are a three?key skills that most home-cooks don't use that will turbocharge?your enjoyment, confidence and ability in the kitchen: Mise en Place, creating a flavor base?using salt and oil as tools and building your meal in layers. Your teacher,?Chef Nic, a New York-trained?health supportive chef and founder of the Up?Beet Kitchen, shares these?skills and many more,?along?with liberal?splashes of his favorite cooking tips that are guaranteed to elevate your kitchen prowess. Nic applies these skills though?a delicious cashew curry recipe. At the end of the course the final test is for you to create the meal yourself and apply the skills you learned along the way. In just two hours?you can complete this course having cooked a delicious dinner or lunch.
What Will I Learn?
- Read a recipe to make your life easier
- Keep your food safe from harmful bacteria and disease
- Save time and reduce stress by preparing ingredients before you cook
- Confidently and safely use a knife and know how to keep it sharp
- Use chef skills to build the most flavor in your cooking
- Stop your food from burning by using deglazing techniques
- Plate, garnish and present a meal that looks as delicious as it tastes
- Apply all of these skills by cooking a simple and tasty curry
New free stuff posted everyday - Global Freebies, eFreebies, Free Samples, Products Testing Opportunities & more...