Despite frequently cleaning your house, you could still have unpleasant odors. This gives visitors the impression that your house has not been thoroughly cleaned even though this may not really be the case. The greatest culprits that bring home odors are the kitchen and bathrooms. Below are tips to help you keep these areas smelling fresh.
Pleasant Kitchen Scent
The kitchen can accumulate all sorts of odors. The sink, work surfaces and refrigerators are most sensitive. To keep your kitchen smelling fresh:
- Keep sinks and dishes frequently washed and dried.
- Remove garbage frequently and keep sink surfaces and work-tops clean, sanitized and dry.
- Soak dish clothes overnight in hot salted soapy water and wash them daily.
To give your kitchen a pleasant fresh scent, fill a small sauce-pan with water and bring it to simmer. Add cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and orange peels and leave the saucepan open. When Chopping boards smell of garlic and onion or fish, wash with warm water and soap and then squeeze lemon juice onto the board to remove strong odors.
Fresh Smelling Fridge
Refrigerators can be a source of all sort of odors from spilled milk or decaying meat and vegetables. To remove unpleasant scents:
- Wash and dry the inside of the fridge.
- To freshen your fridge, cut an orange in half and remove the pulp so family members do not eat it! Fill the empty shell with some salt and place back in the fridge.
- Place the orange shell in a small bowl so that it does not topple over. The salt will absorb unpleasant odors as the peel releases a fresh orange citric smell.
- To remove stubborn freezer odors, which can be offensive, remove the contents and defrost the freezer and then wash and dry.
- Give it a final rinse with bicarbonate soda in water and get rid of the stale smell.
- Clean, sanitise and deodorize your toilets frequently to control odors if urine and fecal matter by using deodorizing detergents. Wipe floors to clean up misdirected urine.
- To sanitise the toilet bowl, fill a spray bottle with vinegar and spray into the toilet bowl and surrounding floor. Then wipe off with a damp cloth.
- To collect and absorb orders, place bowls of baking soda around the bathroom to consistently collect and absorb odors. Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep a cup of lemon juice into a bowl to release fresh citrus scent in the bathroom and replace when scent dissipates.
- Place rolled cotton wool in a decorative container, dab with essential oils such as lavender or vanilla and leave exposed to sweetly scent the room.
- Damp towels should be removed from the bathroom and hang out in the sun to keep off the lingering damp smell. When washing towels, rinse with a fabric softener to help them smell fresh.
- Open windows to allow fresh air to circulate.
In order not to sabotage your attempts to keep your home smelling fresh
, pets should be frequently washed and kept clean.
Family members should avoid smoking indoors as cigarette smoke permeates your upholstery and is difficult to get rid of.
Burhanuddin Oanali is a natural home remedy expert. He broadcasts his thoughts and expertise to cure many health problems and diseases like Acne, Arthritis, Diabetes and many others with natural herbal treatment. There are hundreds of amazing home remedies shared by him at [http://www.my-naturalhomeremedies.com] check it out!