So, you've decided to buy yourself a boat and you want to make sure that your purchase is nothing less than the best. Well every boat owner and prospective boat owner always wants to make the best choice while buying a boat because a boat is a large and long term investment.
We'd firstly like to congratulate you on your decision to buy yourself a boat! May you explore the waters of the planet in style and spend many a leisurely hour floating in the blue waters, under the starry skies of night and the blazing blue hues of morning light.
The decision to purchase a boat is a huge lifestyle choice; that's why every aspect counts and every detail must be taken into consideration before you go ahead with your purchase. And so we're here to assist you with a 5 step guide on purchasing the best boat so that you can make the most of your leisurely abode.
The 5 Step Guide to Purchasing the Best Boat
1. Research and Choose Your Type - Any purchase, whether major or minor, calls for a thorough research prior to purchase. Conducting a research on the different types of boats available and the various purposes each type of boat serves is important. Boats are classified as cruising boats, housing boats, fishing boats and water sporting boats. Depending on your interests, you can make a selection of your preferred boat type.
So, if you're looking forward to disconnecting from the world and enjoying a home away from home, you can opt for housing boats; however, if you wish to sail the blue waters for recreational purposes, you can choose a cruise boat.
When you choose your type, make sure to jot down your size considerations and other preferred features such as cabins, restrooms and kitchens.
2. New Or Used? - This is always the big question when it comes to buying a boat or any other personal vehicle. Both new and used boats come with a set of pros and cons. While new boats are shiny, unblemished and trouble free, they are relatively expensive and while old boats may not offer you a warranty, they certainly fit the pocket well. Therefore, every pro and con should be studied before you decide to purchase a new or an old boat to help you make the right choice.
3. Set Your Budget Constraints - Once you've conducted a fair amount of research on the different types of boats available, have selected a particular type and studied its price ranges, it's time to set your budget constraints. Ask yourself how much you'd be happy to spend and how much more you'll be willing to spend for a boat. Set a minimum and maximum limit as this will help you keep true to your budget.
4. Find Yourself A Good Dealer - You can rest assured about purchasing the best boat when you're dealing with the right people. Licensed and experienced boat dealers will stay with you throughout the buying process, ensure a certificate and warranty for your purchase and help you make the best decision.
5. Test Drive & Inspect - Do not jump into a purchase out of sheer excitement. Take your time to test drive and inspect prospective boats to check for irregularities and glitches that could render your purchase meaningless. Check the boat engine, its electrical components, steering and throttle controls, deck hardware, propellers, fuel tanks, batteries, hull condition, floors and upholstery. An experienced boat dealer can help you perform an inspection with ease.
Once you've sailed through these 5 steps and have found yourself a boat which you consider the best you could get, it's time to go ahead, sign that check and take your prized possession out for a leisurely sail on the waters. Happy Boating!
With good judgment and research there is a high possibility that you will come ashore at Stow Away Marine
, where you can trust us to please your boat the way she pleases you.